Gramercy Park Dental Implants
At Artista Dental Studio, we specialize in the latest cosmetic dentistry procedures including dental implants. It is our belief that no one should go through life being self-conscious of their teeth. We want you to be able to show off a new great looking smile with self confidence and without embarrassment.
Vast improvements have been made in dental care. For decades, bridges and dentures were the only option available for the replacement of missing teeth. Not anymore. Dr. Joe Manfredi, your Artista Dental Studio implant dentistry specialist, can offer a new permanent solution to missing teeth.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Compared to dentures, dental implants can be far superior. Getting an implant-supported restoration is more than just cosmetic. Consider the following disadvantages of dentures:
- Dentures make it extremely difficult to chew in many cases. Often there are restrictions as to the foods you can eat.
- In order to clean dentures, they have to be removed.
- Most dentures require an adhesive that not only tastes unpleasant, but can interfere with the flavor of the foods you eat.
- Dentures cover the roof of the mouth and can feel unnatural.
- Dentures can often slip out of place during meals, creating an embarrassing situation.
- Dentures don’t provide bone stimulation which can sometimes result in progressive bone loss and the facial collapse.
Dental implants have become one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures available. At Artista Dental Studio, we feel dental implants are a more effective solution for tooth loss because of the following benefits:
- They appear, feel, and function just like natural teeth
- They are a more permanent solution and can last the rest of your life
- They aren’t uncomfortable like dentures and make eating foods easier
- They eliminate the possibility of getting cavities
- They encourage bone growth and prevent bone loss
- They have been proven safe and effective
- They keep the teeth that are adjacent to the implants more stable
- They prevent premature aging and sagging of the face
- The dental implant cost provides value for years to come
As your cosmetic dentist in Gramercy Park, we would be happy to discuss the benefits of dental implants. Not everyone is a good candidate for dental implants. If you aren’t, we can discuss other effective alternatives for your tooth loss.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There is a reason that dental implants have become the first choice for those looking to restore missing or damaged teeth, and is widely considered to be the highest standard of care. Dental implant treatments have a long track record of long-term successful outcomes for patients, and in many cases, results in a more predictable outcome for repairing or replacing missing teeth. Other benefits of dental implants include:
- Best treatment option to natural teeth. With strength and durability, a dental implant results in a new tooth that looks, feels and functions like a natural tooth. Other treatment options may require removal of a non-permanent appliance for eating or other activities.
- Durability and a long-term solution. Dental implants are built to last a lifetime when properly cared for, so the dental implant cost provides lifetime value, whereas an option like a dental bridge lasts only 5-10 years and may need replacement at some point in time.
- Retain your natural smile and confidence. No more reason to feel unconscious or uncomfortable when smiling or out in public. No more embarrassment and no need to take out dentures and place them in a cup when eating or worrying about them falling out during certain activities. Lead your life the way that you want, not in a manner dictated by your teeth or other dental appliances.
- Protecting existing healthy teeth. Dental implants are placed directly into the patient’s jawbone without affecting or adversely impacting adjacent teeth. Using a dental bridge requires grinding away adjacent teeth on either side of the missing tooth location, resulting in damaging healthy teeth. Dental implants also help prevent adjacent teeth from shifting due to leaving an empty space behind after losing a tooth.
- Protect healthy bone structure. Loss and deterioration of existing jawbone structure is a potential health issue to worry about due to loss of a tooth and the resultant empty spaces left behind from losing one or more teeth. Dental implants are the only dental restoration option that functions to preserve as well as stimulate natural bone growth and to prevent further bone loss.
Dental Implant Cost
The average patient will be concerned about dental implant cost. It is important to consider that implant dentistry procedures may not be covered by standard dental insurance policies as they are classified as a “non-required” or voluntary procedure. So it is important to understand the factors that may influence the cost of dental implants:
- Number of dental implants needed – as the number of implants increases, the costs involved increase as well.
- Other cosmetic dentistry or implant dentistry procedures may be necessary – bone grafting and teeth extractions are primary examples of additional procedures that may be required.
- Restoration quality and type – the material quality and type of crown (artificial tooth) that is chosen will have an impact on your procedure.
However, more and more dental insurance companies are covering this procedure. If there are any out of pocket expenses, it is important to think about what you are gaining in the long term. It is an independent structure that is healed directly in the bone and it cannot be corrupted by decay. Once placed, a dental implant can last the rest of your life as long as it is taken care of properly.
Is there a Cosmetic Dentist near Me?
Artista Dental Studio is located in the heart of Manhattan at 250 Park Avenue South Suite 202. If you live in Manhattan, Gramercy Park, Flatiron District, or Union Square and are considering dental implants, call us at (212) 995.8930. Our team at Artista Dental Studio would love to discuss ways to improve your smile. Get started on your smile makeover today. Call us for more information on how Dental Implants can enhance your lifestyle.